The Quiksilver Black Alder 2L Gore-Tex Jacket is a high end shell jacket with top of the line waterproofing and breathability. If you need a jacket that is going to handle the harshest weather while still looking good, the Black Alder has you covered. The two layer Gore-Tex keeps the worst weather, wind and moisture out, while remaining breathable so you don't get hot and stuffy if you are working hard.
The shell design gives you room to layer up underneath when the weather gets super cold, or just wear the shell by itself when you are out hiking in spring. If you are looking for one jacket that will keep you covered for years, this is the one you need.
Waterproof Rating: Gore-Tex
Fabric: 2-layer polyester plain weave
- Fully taped seams
- 3-way adjustable hood
- Helmet compatible hood
- Fixed hood
- Fixed stretch powder skirt
- Tuck away powder skirt system with snap fasteners
- Jacket-to-pant attachment system
- YKK Aquaguard zipes
- Handwarmer pockets with key clip
- Lens cleaner insider handwarmer pocket
- Pass pocket
- Internal media pocket
- Internal mesh goggle pocket
- Mesh lined underarm vents
- Internal stretch wrist gaiters with thumbholes
- Adjustable cuffs
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.