The Burton Ion is a team favourite for a good reason. It is a supportive and responsive boot, that is loaded with features to get the best performance, while still keeping it super comfy. If you are an aggressive rider who is looking for a high performance boot, the Ion is what you are after. Features like the AutoCANT EST soles help to naturally align you feet, while the Rebounce Cushioning gives you solid impact protection while keeping your feet warm and wicking moisture away.
Boot Flex: Stiff - 8/10 (1=soft,10=stiff) Responsive and Stiff for Aggressive All Mountain riding with maximum board feel.
Recommended Use: Freestyle, Freeride, All Mountain
Thermo Mouldable Liner: Yes
Lacing System: Speed Zone lacing System independently tightens the upper and lower zones quickly and with a true lace up feel.
Shell: Shrinkage Footprint reduction technology lets you go down a boot size in your footprint to reduce toe drag. Firm flex PowerUp tongue gives awesome rebound and durability. GripLITE backstay puts your boot in harmony with the binding highback.
Liner: The Infinite Ride 4 liner uses moisture-wicking DryRide Hyperwick mesh in the toe box, helping to wick away any unwanted moisture from your feet. With a high-end, heat-mouldable liner with Tuff Cuff for increased heel hold, wrapping the ankle with medial and lateral support for a snug fit that's not too restrictive. Level 2 Moulded EVA food bed with ESS support Shank and Aegis antimicrobial coating.
Cushioning / Traction: Low profile EST midsole gives enhanced board feel while the AutoCANT puts your foot into a more natural position and ReBounce cushioning absorb board chatter before it reaches your feet.
U.S 7-15 // U.K 6-16 // Mondo 21-35.5 // EURO 40-49
Founded by Jake Carpenter in Vermont in 1977, Burton has been one of the leading names in Snowboarding for over 30 years. With innovative ideas and products Burton has always been at forefront of snowboarding technology.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.