The 2018 Capita Supernova isn't for the faint of heart. Combining tried and true traditional camber with futuristic technology and board construction, the Supernova bends the laws of time and space and results in a board that carves hard and leaves everything in its wake. With a directional shape that is designed to go forward as fast as possible and a progressive sidecut that initiates the jump to hyperspace and accelerates throughout the three stages of a turn, a trip on the Supernova will get the blood pumping and give you the adrenaline rush you crave. This is the speed demon of the Capita range, built for confident riders that aren't concerned with doing tricks and would rather jump to warpspeed while carving the mountain apart.
Board Type: All mountain, high performance, high speed
Camber Type: Traditional Profile
The Traditional Profile is tried and tried positive camber throughout the entire board. This provides an elongated effective edge resulting in more power, more pop, and more speed.
Flex: 8/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Stiff enough to plow through powder, hold a strong edge, and be stable at speed.
Built specifically for all mountain charging, this board is built to go forwards and go forwards fast.
Core: Panda Core
The Panda Core is an extremely lightweight and versatile core made from Poplar and Paulownia wood, with inlaid Bamboo power rods for incredible pop, flex, and durability.
Base: NEW Hyperdrive NC12 Base
Exclusively formulated, sintered, ultra-high molecular weight, ultra-high density polyethylene, custom engineered with special additives. The fastest base on snow bar none.
Urethane Topsheet Anchor - Super strong and durable topsheet that helps dampen chatter.
Matrix Carbon V-Tech - Woven Carbon in the tip and tail increase power and response while keeping the board incredibly light.
Holysheet Fiberglass - Triax and Biax Holysheet fiberglass has a higher glass to weight ratio than regular fiberglass, providing a more powerful ride while staying light, and then coupled with high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based Magic Bean Resin.
Board Lengths: 153cm, 156cm, 159cm, 162cm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.