The 2018 Jones Hovercraft is on our shortlist for must-have powder boards this season, and it should probably be on yours too. Supreme float and rally car-like handling have earned the Hovercraft a cult following, with riders swearing by the Hovercraft’s nimble maneuverability. The Spoon 4.0 beveled profile lets you butter your way around features with ease and still lock it down and straightline that 'shrund when you need to. If you think you need a longer board for stability, you'll be amazed at what this compact design can do when you cut back a few cms.
Camber Type: Directional Rocker (We call it Hybrid Camber)
Directional Rocker for Jones is a board with mostly positive camber from tail to in front of your front foot with a big rockered nose for extra float.
Flex: 7/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Great stiffness for riding pow. Just enough to have maximum control in really light fluffy powder but also soft enough for when you hit any unwanted crud.
Ride it forwards and get down the mountain with ease! If you need to ride it switch too it can but plan to spend most of your day going in a single direction.
Core: Classic Core
Full Wood core that comes from the very original Jones lineup. Full of pop with an even flex.
7 points of contact for unmatched egdeholdno matter what the snow condition is. When Jeremy Jones started his company his one requirement was to have boards that used Magne-Traction. Thankfully Lib-Tech allowed him to and he has been making killer boards ever since.
Base: Sintered 7000
Fastest base material available that easily absorbs wax for when you need to go even faster.
Spoon 4.0 - The most advanced 3D base contour pattern from Jones, featuring 7mm of bevel in the nose and 4mm in the tail.
Speed Channel Tail - A 2mm channel contour in the tail between the edges pushes loose snow out from under the board, reducing drag and increasing speed.
Eco-Friendly - The entire 2018 Jones range contains the most sustainable raw materials they have ever used, featuring eco-plastic topsheets made from castor beans (aside from wood veneer and carbon models), water-based inks in their bases, natural wax, and recycled ABS and steel wherever possible.
Board Lengths: 152cm, 156cm, 160cm
Stance Set back: 29mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.